- You’re out hiking or bushwalking, you go off track and you become lost
- You’re driving and you break down in the outback or blazing hot desert
- You’re skiing and you get stuck in snow or trapped on a steep mountain
- You’re boating and drifting out to sea or stranded on a deserted island
- You’re seriously injured and you need immediate medical attention
And what if…
- Your mobile device has no signal or no battery life left
- You have no distress signals, flares or beacons or they fail
- Your clothing is not suitable for rapid changes in the weather
- You only have limited or no shelter, food or water for survival
- You have no way of attracting the attention of search and rescue
The truth is disaster can happen to anyone, anywhere at anytime. What can you do to help yourself?
You can help yourself from a catastrophe with The Survival Sign SOS signal. It’s…
- Fluorescent in colour and retro-reflective to light
- Portable, safe to use, strong and also lightweight
- Simple to unfold, tie, easy to both store and carry
- Flexible, reusable and can be a temporary shelter
It measures 1.5m x 2.5m and requires no batteries or electronics to operate.
You can spread the SOS signal out on a flat surface or terrain like sand, snow and desert. Tie it to a tree, tent, house or a roof. A car, boat or a post.
It helps you to be seen by search and rescue from the air, at sea or on the ground.
So who needs The Survival Sign?
Everyone and anyone! The Survival Sign is for YOU if you…
- Bushwalk, hike, trek, ski or run
- Backpack, camp, bicycle and climb
- Hunt, prospect and four-wheel drive
- Caravan, RV, fish or fly an aeroplane
- Go boating, canoeing, kayaking and canyoning
- Or you work in remote areas
You can use the sack loop with or without a carabiner to attach the sack to a backpack or belt. Hook it up in the car, camper, caravan or the RV so you can store, carry and access the SOS signal with ease.
It’s a must to store or carry so your family and loved ones have peace of mind knowing you’re prepared in an emergency.
The Survival Sign can also help save lives in the home, workplace or a building in the event of a natural disaster.
Like a life-threatening storm, flood, fire, cyclone or tornado. A tsunami, hurricane, land and mudslide, an earthquake or even a plane accident. As you never know if you, your family, friends or colleagues may need the SOS signal for help to be seen by search and rescue as disaster can strike anyone, anywhere at anytime.
Because believe it or not — “Between 1994 and 2013, EM-DAT recorded 6,873 natural disasters worldwide, which claimed 1.35 million lives or almost 68,000 lives on average each year. In addition, 218 million people were affected by natural disasters on average per annum during this 20-year period” — Reliefweb
From the tops of mountains to the hot desert plains or any place in between.
You can take The Survival Sign with you anywhere in the world.
There’s no registration. No restrictions. It cannot be activated like a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB.) It’s lightweight and safe to carry in all your travel bags.
As Army Special Forces Green Beret and survival expert from the Discovery Channel series Dual Survival, Joseph Teti said: “The faster you can signal for rescue, the faster you get out of that situation.”
Register for your FREE Replacement Guarantee: Details on the store policies page.
Pictures of the SOS signal on this and the homepage page are for illustrative purposes only.
What you can do next. You can read The Survival Sign story, FAQ’s or about us and watch a short video. Need help? Contact us.